The EDEN (Environmental center for Development Education and Networking) center is one of the most active organizations in Albania.
EDEN center is a nongovernmental, not politically oriented, not for profit organization aiming to contribute in a sustainable development and healthy environment through informing, educating and offering services in partnership with the interested actors.
EDEN believes that a sustainable development and a healthy environment is possible.
The organization is established in March 2004 drawing on the expert assistance received from Milieukontakt Oost Europa and has within its structure:
– A well established group of trainers who commit themselves in offering assistance and capacity building to its target groups;
– A group of Nature Guides which consist of young people prepared to offer guides and environmental education in nature;
– A youth group which consist of volunteers motivated and engaged for different project awareness with community;
– A resource centre with a diverse library with editorials and environmental information, which is created by centre’s staff, individual donation and partner’s contribution.
To complete its strategic mission and objectives, organization it focused in some strategic directions:
– Networking and effective partnership to influence decision-making, policy-making and public attention through a cooperative spirit between organizations;
– EDEN as provider of services and innovative approaches (environmentally friendly) within the territorial reform;
– EDEN active and exposed to undertake new themes with the participation of volunteers and natural guides;
– EDEN Brand enables and inspires relationships with partners and potential donors;
– EDEN is a major player in decision and policy making through environmental vigilance, advocacy and lobbying.
EDEN is focusing its work in four sectors:
– Capacity Building;
– Environmental Education;
– Environmental Management Practices;
– Public Information and Participation.